Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Documented Life - Week 9

Challenge of the week is to "collage something recycled".


I collaged a pretty piece of paper that I had received some time ago in an art journal page swap, some old newspaper that my sister-in-law gave me for art projects, a piece of tissue paper that had been used in one of my daughter-in-laws shower gifts and a piece of burlap that I cut down and frayed.  I also used some spray inks and paints and some modeling paste through a stencil.

Here is the back of the page.  The piece of watercolor paper that I used already had been inked through a stencil.  I love the way the flowers pop so I didn't want to work on that side of the paper for the collage.  I just decided to keep it clean and let it be the backside of my page.

When I posted the picture of my page on Facebook, I did a little ramble about how much this process has meant to me.  I am going to copy it here too.

FB Post - Week 9

Please pardon my ramble but I feel the need to get this out.  I am loving this project.  I have never been a person who journaled in words just art.  I have never kept a diary even as a young girl.  When I started this project I figured I would just do the art prompts and had no notion of what I would write daily.  I must say that I have completed surprised myself with the little bits of life that I have noted in my planner.  As the weeks have gone on I have found it difficult to find room for all the little things I want to write down and remember.  I have also been using it to document my new granddaughter as she changes from week to week.  She was born in November an dit is such fun to include a picture of her each week.  I am totally obsessed with my little planner and don't go anywhere without it.  It is always with me even if I am moving from room to room.  Everyone at work wants to look at it each day to see what I have added.  I just want to thank the "Fab 5" for this wonderful idea.  And this group is such a loving and supportive bunch of lovely people.  OK.  Ramble finished.


Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam

No comments: