Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Journal 52- Week 8

Found Poetry

My ATC this week came together pretty quickly once I put my mind to it.  I searched for poetry quotes and found the one I wanted.  

"Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder,
with a dash of the dictionary.
~Kahlil Gibran

I found the word "Poetry" in an old dictionary, tore out the page and fixed it onto my card. If you look real closely you can still see the words poet, poetic-justice, poet laureate and poetry with parts of the definitions. Then I tore around the edges rather than cut it with scissors.  I glued down my quote.  Next I found this cute stamp of a hummingbird in my ever growing stash of stamps.  I stamped it in cocoa and colored it in with Inktense pencils and a water brush to give a water color effect.  Then I stamped branches with pink buds.  I made a little nest on the bottom out of strings I pulled out of a piece of burlap and glued down.  Two little pearl are meant to be tiny eggs.  With the edges inked I called it complete. 


 I hope you like my interpretation of this weeks challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam

No comments: