Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Document Life Project and Journal 52

The Documented Life Project - week 5

Week 5 challenge was to use a doodled border.  


For the tip in I used a sheet of kraft paper to which I applied a thin coat of gesso.  I didn't want to cover the page and left a border of the kraft paper showing.  I applied some torn pieces of newspaper onto the page with some mat medium.  Then I applied acrylic paint in teal blue and a green. I swooped (is that even a word?) some black gesso onto the page and used the tip of the brush to doodle lines into the paint.  Then I stamped a doodled border on that looks like sewing machine stitching.  A few stamped stars a quote and voila it's a journal page!

Journal 52

Week 4 for this challenge was to create your own character.  The character should reflect something of yourself or someone you admire or could be a completely made-up person.
My ATC for this week has a pretty stamped girl that I placed in front of the Eiffel tower with the words Bon Jour.  I colored her with Inktense pencils and a water brush and the background is inked with Dylusions pink lemonade.  She is a completely made up character that reflects my yearning to visit Paris someday.

Here is my ATC in my weekly planner with it's own little envelope.


Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam

No comments: